SolarFlower

Discussion forum for solarflower.org

my plans with sunflower

joji

my plans with sunflower

Post  joji on Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:59 pm

Hi guys

Sunflower looks truly amazing. I run accross this page thanks to opensource ecology project. I think you would like that one too. As most of the people here I am huge fan of renewable energy and independent living. I am looking forward to complete this project. I would love to use it as support for heating during winter. If all goes well hopefully will build more of these and produce some juice out of it. I will let you know about the results.
    Admin
    Admin

Re: my plans with sunflower

Post  Admin on Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:26 am

Nice one, if you need any input let me know. I've made some improvements to the design, mostly in making the main and box collectors lighter, easier, and more precise. Not had a chance to update the tutorials tho so send me a message before you start building.

Be aware the SF does require direct sunlight for optical reasons, it won't track in diffuse cloudy light.

I know OSE well, I was involved in setting up the European chapter. Are you at FeF at the moment?

joji

Post  joji on Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:04 am

Many thanks. Also i wanted to recodnize sunflower because of really nice and detailed tutorials. Great job ! Unfortunately i never been at OSE, but I am true fan. I completly agree with what they are doing. Nice to know that you have been involved. I think this is the only way for freedom and sustainability. Currently I am at the stage of collecting all the parts for sunflower. If there are any changes for needed materials please let me know.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:46 am

I guess it's probably actually going to be easier to go ahead with the documented version on the site than to try to relate a whole new process without the animation. It's straightforward enough, the new version is only a moderate improvement on the process, the effectiveness will be about the same.

solarflower.org at gmail if you have any questions. You'll be doing me and the project a huge favour if you get the thing built and doing something useful, the most needed thing right now is some basic numbers on efficiency, maintenance, etc.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:50 pm